This page will be regularly updated in light of further training and national developments.
Fordham CE Primary School holds and processes personal information on each pupil and limited information on parents in order to provide a rounded education and a safe environment for each child. Our legal basis for processing personal data under the General Data Protection Regulations 2020 is the provision of education which is deemed as a public task. The school complies with the General Data Protection Regulations May 2018 and this is demonstrated by our Data Protection Policy and linked policies such as Internet Safety Policy and ICT Acceptable Use Policy. These are all available from our policies page. NB Some are in draft form while the school waits for final clarification of the requirements under the GDPR.
We commit to train our staff and volunteers to understand the importance of handling data securely. We understand that privacy is important to you and your child.
Where the data stored and processed is to enhance the educational provision, but is not a key element of providing an education, we will seek consent from a parent. This includes:
- Photos, images and videos to be displayed in school, on the school website, on applications such as SeeSaw and Tapestry. Such images will be removed and deleted within one year of the child leaving Year 6.
- Additional contact information.
- Privacy notices: Please visit our dedicated page of privacy notices which cover all stakeholders.
- Data Protection staff: The school has a Data Protection Officer (DPO) provided through the Cambridgeshire County Council (ICT Services); and can be contacted through the school. Should you require basic information, please contact our School Business Manager who is our internal Data Protection adviser.
- Images: The school requests that permission is sought from all parents, carers and visitors before media files are taken, such as videos or photographs, and that they are used for personal use only and are not shared with social media sites or other agencies. The school will only publish images on the school website if parental permission has been provided.
- Rights: Parents and pupils have the right to access the information we hold about them; this is known as a Subject Access Request and should be made in writing. The school must supply the information requested within one month or provide a reason for an extension of up to two months.
- Complaints: If you feel that your request has not been dealt with to a satisfactory level, please contact the Data Protection Officer via the school office or, alternatively, the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk.
- External links: This site contains hyperlinks to other websites, all of which have been made in good faith. The school is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and has no control over the content that may be found there. If any site we link to causes concern, please contact the school office.
Separate from the GDPR, the Department for Education regulations provide a pupil's parents (regardless of the age of the pupil) with the right to view, or to have a copy of, their child's educational record from the school. Again, please contact the school office administrator who will be happy to deal with your request.